Monday, 31 December 2007
This is my distressed photo and frame that I have made for the distressed swap. I used crackle paint to cover the frame - peeled paint. After it had dried and crackled, I rubber over it with the walnut distressed ink pad - I love the effect. For the picture, I cut up the Eiffel Tower, the Paris and the Postmark, again from Sir Tim's papers. The black and white photo in the middle I distressed using my cut n dry nibs to hi-lite some of the flowers and the red rose the young man is holding and used antique linen to distress and discolour the whole image. Finally I used caramel alcohol inks around the edges of glass
This is a tag book that I have made for a distressed swap that I am hosting on the Lotstodo Forum. I cut the tag shapes from Sir Tim's distressed papers, stamped and embellished some of them, stuck them all together, cut a ruler strip from some papers and added a clip
Monday, 10 December 2007
Was having a play with one of my new purchases, cut n dry nibs. They are fab little things. You drag the nib across the ink pad and it works like a pen. Because the nibs are so fine, you can colour in very small areas in fine detail. I picked out a few bits to add colour to on the above photos, then inked over the whole lot with my antique linen distressed pad and wiped the access of with a piece of cut n dry foam. The photo on the left of each set is the original, the one on the right is the altered one
Sunday, 9 December 2007
We are having a 2" x 2" mountboard or stampboard swap for 9 squares. The theme was autumn colours. Some of the backgrounds are chalked and some have been created using distressed inks swiped across a craft mat and spritzed with water and ironed off!!! Various images were then stamped onto each sqaure using Stazon ink pads. Stamps used were PBS, Tim Holtz & Magenta
Saturday, 8 December 2007
Saturday, 1 December 2007
Another one of Hilda's subjects was Autumn. The background of the back cover (on the left) is a splash n spin that I did a while ago, embellished with a tree and a couple of leaves. The one on the right was also done a while ago using shaving foam and page ancient re-inkers, unfortunately this square was slightly smaller, so I edged it with ribbon containing leaves, and again embellished with autumn bits. Hope you like it mate.
Hilda needs lots of fat page covers in order to get her 27 books into the catagories she has chosen. I decided to help her out and this is the collage one. I basically tore up 3 kinds of papers, a brown, a purple and a crafty individuals page, stuck them down and added images and words. I am not really sure what she wanted, so I am hoping that this will be ok??? Hope you like it Hilda
This is Alisons Fat Book Cover for a swap on the forum. The background has been covered with pages from an old book, sprayed with candy apple glimmer mist and images have been stamped on using black stazon. Mountboard has been stamped, chalked and added to the eiffel tower image, a squashed bottle top has been stamped with a postmark, diamond glaze has been used on the travel letters and on the stamped watch face. A clock face and a springy charm have been added. I hope she likes it.
This is a RAK for Alison, using my metal. Drawings have been done freehand and the pink paper has been stamped with tattered rose distressed ink using the harlequin PBS stamp.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (171)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (280)
- ► 2013 (334)
- ► 2012 (276)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (213)
- ► 2008 (337)
- ▼ December (12)