Monday 31 December 2007

Distressed Photoframe



This is my distressed photo and frame that I have made for the distressed swap. I used crackle paint to cover the frame - peeled paint. After it had dried and crackled, I rubber over it with the walnut distressed ink pad - I love the effect. For the picture, I cut up the Eiffel Tower, the Paris and the Postmark, again from Sir Tim's papers. The black and white photo in the middle I distressed using my cut n dry nibs to hi-lite some of the flowers and the red rose the young man is holding and used antique linen to distress and discolour the whole image. Finally I used caramel alcohol inks around the edges of glass

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luvin' this piece (it's green). Great crackle effect (now I NEED something else).

Thanks for the 'how to' as well.

xxxxxxxxxx

Ang C said...

This is sooooooooo lovely

Andrea said...

What a fab frame,i love it
xxxx

mommabear said...

Its beautifull Sam

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece Sam, stunning!!

crafty creations said...

It's fantastic Sam I love it

Helena said...

WOW, this is fantastic, well done!!!

Claireabelle said...

Tis fabulous
xx

Blog Archive