Monday 10 December 2007

Vintage Photos



Was having a play with one of my new purchases, cut n dry nibs. They are fab little things. You drag the nib across the ink pad and it works like a pen. Because the nibs are so fine, you can colour in very small areas in fine detail. I picked out a few bits to add colour to on the above photos, then inked over the whole lot with my antique linen distressed pad and wiped the access of with a piece of cut n dry foam. The photo on the left of each set is the original, the one on the right is the altered one

9 comments:

carian said...

wow these are really stunning sam , well done. xx

Ang C said...

They are fantastic

crafty creations said...

They're brill Sam
Hugs Hilda

Andrea said...

Excellent Sam,i love the effect
xxxx

Annie said...

Great effect with those nibs - I wish I had got some when I saw them at the craft shop in Liskeard.

Helena said...

I like this effect, where did you get them!! As I have often wanted to add just a touch of colour to a photo, and have had to go through the whole photo shop thing!!!!

Well done!

Ann said...

Really stunning Sam - always wondered what those little 'nibs' were for!!
Fantastic effect.

Ann-Rxxx

Claireabelle said...

Fab Sam, I think I might need to invest in some of these!

xx

mommabear said...

I just love them they are great

Blog Archive