Wednesday 2 January 2008

Distressed Canvas



This is my third piece of distressed art for the swap I am hosting. Gel medium was applied to the canvases to give them a bit of texture, then when dry, orange and brown acrylic paint was applied with a piece of cut n dry foam. This was then touched up with black acrylic paint. I stamped a pocket watch on the top left and some writing on the top right using black stazon ink, embellished with various items to finish. Had to count on Martin to put the hinges on and he did a pretty good job coz it stands up straight on it's own!!!!!

10 comments:

crafty creations said...

It's fantastic sam - I love it - the colours - the concept - the whole thing

Hugs Hilda

Ang C said...

Its absolutely fantastic

carian said...

I am liking this very much.xx

Anonymous said...

That's lovely Sam. I love the way the colours have made a rusty sort of look and all the elements you've put on go well together.

xxxxxxxx

Andrea said...

Wow Sam this is gorgeous
Well done
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sam, this is just gorgeous. You are so talented. Love Burnice x

Ann said...

WOW!!! It's stunning Sam ...You're so clever & talented, I wouldn't know where to begin!!!

Well done I love it xxx

Ann-Rxx

mommabear said...

Its beautifull Sam

Helena said...

WOW, this is fantastic and well done Martin!!!!

BTW were did you get the gel medium???

Ruth Philps said...

Love the colours and concept. Those hinges are a bugger to put on. It's a good job men like to do these things for us because I run out of patience.

Blog Archive