Sunday 27 January 2008

Ribbon Box Prize



Don't know if you will remember, but back before christmas, Graeme, Hilda's son, picked out my ribbon box as a winner. This is one of the prizes I received. It was originally pine wood, but was just crying out to be altered, so here it is. Firstly I gave it a thin coat of gesso, then I cover the outside 'walls' with peeled paint, crackle paint, then used a piece of cut n dry to add walnut stain distressed inks to it. I also used the walnut stain ink to colour the insides of the wood and the rods that the ribbon spools sit on. I added some images to the inside of bottle tops and used them to embellish. The photos don't do it justice, it looks good, I like it

5 comments:

Ang C said...

Its brilliant -

Helena said...

It looks fantastic, love the images that you have used!

Jo said...

Altered to perfection

Anonymous said...

You've made a brill job of this. I think the crackle is just the right thing and love the colours you've chosen.

The images you've chosen for the bottle tops are excellent in proportion and they look good on here - fit in with the whole feel.

xxxxxxxxx

crafty creations said...

Fantastic Sam - love the way you've done the crackle and the bottle tops are brill

Hugs Hilda

Blog Archive