Saturday 3 January 2009

Lotstodo Week 1 - Time


Hilda has kindly taken over the Lotstodo Challenge Blog as it was about to be closed down, which would have been a real shame.

The theme she has chosen for her first challenge is 'time'.

I took my piece of 2 x 2 stampbord and firstly covered it with adirondack hazelnut ink from the brights collection. I then added ginger to it. I then stamped my clock face, hands and squiggle using black stazon. I then took my scratchy tool and scratched away betwen the outer and inner lines of the clock face and on certain areas of the squiggle down the side. This revealled the white of the stampbord. I was quite pleased with the look of this as it's the first time I'd scratching on stampbord.


Martin was hanging some pictures of Fraz and Alfie and we needed to take the supporting arm off the back of one of the frames as it wouldn't hang flush to the wall. Anyway, this gave me an idea. I coated the offending piece in gesso, let it dry and then added splodges of texture paste. I then ran an old credit card through the paste but had cut a zig-zag pattern into it. I blasted it with a heat tool and proceeded to randomly paint it with hazelnut, copper and pearl acrylic from the dabber range. I stamped a few words onto tissue paper and using mod podge added them to the piece. I randomly stamped some clock faces using ginger adirondack ink, but due to the texture, they didn't show up too well, but I think you can just about make a few out. Using my grungeboard letters I coated them in the acrylics too and then I pinched the idea from Dansmum (Hazel) of wrapping wire around the letters. I then added a sprocket gear from the TH idea-ology range, added 2 photo anchors and a brad to make the hands of a clock, a silver button, 2 eyelets at the top and finally added my stampbord piece that I'd made earlier.

I am very pleased with the results but it does look much better in real life, due to the poor lighting!!!! Took the one on the right the next day in daylight

13 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Fab pieces Sam
x

crafty creations said...

Wow Sam - fantastic - love the background - the way you've scratched the stompboard - in fact I love it all

Thank you so much for taking up the Lotstodo challenge

Anonymous said...

You're turning into a real little Womble recycling stuff!

This is a great piece.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

The clock at the top's great too.

xxxxxxxx

Femmy said...

fabulous Sam!!!

Andrea said...

Both great pieces Sam,fab idea for the picture supports
xx

kathleen said...

Some fab work here, Sam. Loving it all.

kathleen said...

Some fab work here, Sam. Loving it all.

Ang C said...

this is FAB!!!!!

Paper Paradise said...

OOOOh Sam, impressive!!!!!!!! and I LOVE your blog header......Back to the grind tomorrow eh? ENJOY x

Virginia said...

Sam these are wonderful..

Jaqi said...

Great stuff, wonderful examples, Jaqi

mommabear said...

All are brilliant Sam

Blog Archive