Tuesday 24 March 2009

Wire Hangers


Have been messing with pieces of wire tonight trying to make the wire hangers to display things from now that I have sourced some clips (they were found in Canada!!) As you can see from the colours, they are made from different types of wire and the top one is slightly thicker so it's maintained it's shape better. Will have to straighten the bottom one out (some how!!). All I need to do next is add a piece of metal or something to the middle, then they will look like the 'proper' ones!!!! Not bad for a first effort though!!!

9 comments:

Ang C said...

The top one looks better with it being a thicker wire.

carian said...

Oh they look interesting, what you gonna do with them??

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I found mine were a bit wobbly in the middle when I made them too - not sure how to straighten, let me know when you solve it!

xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

What a good idea - and finding the hooks too in Canada - great find.

Hazel said...

Brilliant idea- we sell those clips at my work, but I wouldn't have thought of this. TFS.

SueHart said...

Brilliant, Sam. Great idea to make your own. x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

You can buy the hooks in good haberdashery stores...they are for hanging fabric up onto curtain rings. I bought mine in C and H Fabrics.
These look fabulous. You've done a great job.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

ps...by 'hooks' I meant CLIPS *doh*

Mags said...

These are fab for your first attempt, look good to me!

Blog Archive