Saturday 29 May 2010

Just Playing



Having dyed all the fabrics I stamped a script image on the base layer. Cut a piece out the middle of the next layer so the image would show through and placed a piece of organza over the top. I attached the lace down the right hand side and used the heart that I'd previously made. I sewed all these onto the base layer. I stamped the word moments on a piece of untreated fabric, used a small piece of wadding to pad it out and sewed around it, again sewing it onto the base layer. I added a button and a piece of ribbon. The brown section is a piece of foam attached with eyelets, which I heated, stamped into, cut out and rubbed over with glimmer paste. I rolled a piece of net curtain around a piece of wadding and tied it at each end with a piece of hemp and hand stitched it to the base layer, top left. I then blasted everything with my heat gun.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Love this Sam. The colours, the fabrics, the stamping. It's all come together brilliantly.

Sid said...

Hey Sam, you are definately becoming a very material girl....this is another fab creation !

downrightcrafty said...

wow love the script stamping and the lace just perfectly put together with the little scroll
Hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely jubbly as we say in the south! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning, Sam - really lovely.

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous love how you are translating your fabulous work in paper to fabric all those layers and details. Stunning.

Burnice said...

Getting the hang of this sewing lark then eh? Great piece Sam. That 4 now - another 16 to go !
Burnice x

crafty creations said...

Fantastic piece Sam - love all the layers

LazyKay said...

Very effective - I like the roll of netting at the top. Gives it dimension.

xxxxxxxx

Chrissie said...

I'm getting all inspired again Sam. Your work is so creative,must get my old Singer out
Chrissiexx

Blog Archive