Friday 4 June 2010

Fabric & Paper



Now then, before anyone starts, I know this looks pink, especially the brads, but I can assure you that it is RED. I covered the atc in music paper, swooshed it with blaze red stazon. Added red organza and a piece of red netting. The white heart is cut from a tumble dryer sheet. Ribbon, brads and gems used to embellish.



I'd forgotten how small atc's are so decided to use a postcard size (6" x 4") for this one. I stamped my new collage of clock faces over the card in black stazon. Run a piece of red metal through the big shot with my new cogs cuttlebug folder and sanded it back to reveal the silver and attached to the card. Added a piece of hessian and a piece of red organza. The word was done using a dymo machine and is stuck under the organza. The piece of black ric rac was added. I stamped the clock face in black stazon onto a piece of dyed fabric. Put some wadding in the middle and sewed around the edges and attached to the card along with a button tied with a piece of black hemp. Inked the edges of the card with blaze red stazon.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fab pieces, Sam, especially your postcard.

Are you sure it's not pink??? lol

LazyKay said...

Both excellent pieces, I like the cogs on the bottom one and the effect on the top one looks really well put together.

xxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive