Saturday 12 June 2010

Fabric Postcard and Atcs



This is what I made from my WIP background.  A postcard, which I'm going to use for a swap.  I just cut it to size (6" x 4") from the original piece.  I did a bit of free motion stitching all over, added a piece of mesh and a button which I threaded a piece of purple hemp through.  I attempted to make some fabric beads and used the blue velvet one on this piece.


I also got 2 atc sized pieces out of the remainder.  This one I sewed a piece of netting over the top, did a bit more free motion sewing and used my heat tool to burnish the materials. I threaded a piece of the remnanets through the mesh and added another hand made fabric bead.


And lastly I added a piece of netting and left it in tact, added a piece of wire mesh and a hand made bead

6 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Love the colours and the finished pieces are so tactile. xx Zoe

Chris said...

Ooohh love these Sam. Your fabric beads are lovely. Great effect with the burnishing too.

Unknown said...

Your work takes my breath away Sam - ever since you have come back from your holiday, and also got your sewing machine - you seem to have been touched by 'magic'.

I must look up my old sewing machine manual and see if I can remove the gripper thingy so that I can try free range sewing. I saw a television snippet ages ago and was amazed at how easy (they made it look) to create such patterns. Now that I have seen yours I really must get my act together to see if I can give it a go.

Your birds/wings has to be the best I have seen using the TH die cuts. Stamping onto the cage bars is genius - really gives it texture.

x

Deborah said...

love that blue bead!

crafty creations said...

Fabulous work Sam x Hilda

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love your work and your dogs! I would love one of those. I have been thinking of doing some fabric postcards and your techniques are so helpful

Blog Archive