Sunday 13 June 2010

Felting Wool


Amongst other things Jo picked me up a bundle of felting wool.  I pulled some off and dyed 2 pieces with spiced marmalade re-inker , 2 more with dusty concord and left one natural. I then tried to plait them all but it didn't work as they just sprung back into the positions they are now!!  So I emailed Jo for some help.


Good job as I wouldn't of had a clue.  Anyway after following her fab instructions, this is what I now have.  I am going to try and plait them later.

8 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Sam I would not have bought that wool, you could have come round and got lots off Star for free, bags of it. However this gives me an idea (will start collecting)
Kate xx

Sid said...

Very interesting and have never used felting wool !

JoZart Designs said...

Well done you! I wonder where those five worms will end up? LOL!
Jo x

ju said...

You are certainly trying out lots of new things Sam!! Looks interesting..........

crafty creations said...

Very interesting Sam - look forward to seeing what you do with it X Hilda

Ellen said...

how did you mange to get the colouring on so evenly? great idea.. isn't it lovely doing the felting?

Minxy said...

wouldn't of thought to use my re-inkers for dyeing.. top tip cheers

Deborah said...

Would never have thought of using re-inkers to dye it. I love the soft colours.

Blog Archive