Sunday 6 June 2010

Lotstodo Challenge - Bees Wax



This weeks Lotstodo challenge is Bees Wax. So this afternoon I got my meltpot out and had a play. The background was run through an embossing folder, coloured and scrunched with distressed inks. The brown diagonal square nestie was sewn on. The quote is stamped in pumpkin stazon, cut out, chalked over and attached and coated in bees wax. The edges have been decorated with zig zag stitiches.



I burnt around the edges of a piece of corrugated cardboard with a candle flame. I dipped each side into a bowl of water to put the smouldering out!!! and then dried it with a heat gun. I covered the whole image in bees wax and when dry scraped some of the wax off their faces. The 'when?' is also stuck on with some bees wax. Finally I attached a piece of string for a hanger and applied wax to the knots.

10 comments:

Von said...

What a lovely idea for a little frame :)
Von x

Zoechaos said...

Great waxy work so different and tempting. Lovin' the idea of sticking the knots down with wax. xx Zoe

crafty creations said...

Great pieces Sam

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Sue said...

These are fab Sam x

Sid said...

Great beeswax pieces and I love the tyvek burning !!

Chrissie said...

Both great pieces Sam
Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Two lovely pieces Sam! That stamp is so cute! My meltpot needs cleaning before I can melt some beeswax! Lol! xx

Deborah said...

Thought the flowery one was fabric until I enlarged the pic - looks wonderful. And I love your corrugated card hanger!

Beccy said...

Flowery one is lovely great folder. You seem to be getting the hang of that sewing lark now.
Beccy x

LazyKay said...

Oh, just seen the top piece (I'm working backwords) nice!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive