Monday 28 June 2010

Lutradur


I've been playing with a piece of Lutradur.  Firstly I covered it with different pieces of lace which I attached with a gel medium paste and left it over night to dry.  Then using my new eco friendly paints, I randomly painted all over it.  I used a dark purple paper for the backing of the image which is one of the printed canvas etched pieces I'd previously made. I added mesh, ribbon, fibres, gems and a button. 


I've not been very good lately at making actual pieces, I've played around trying new things out, but not actually made anything with them.  So, this time I decided I should make the Lutradur sample into something, and this is what I came up with.

11 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

stunning Sam Love all the texture and different components, a little pink along side the blue I see. Mmmmmmmmmmm should I be getting worried about you?
Kate xx

Unknown said...

Love the icicle doll - perfect cooling colours in this heat.

Lutradur - gotta look that up - looks a great technique and nice and feminine

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic Sam!
x

Femmy said...

this looks fantastic!!! love the colours too!!

June said...

Ohhh wow Sam this is gorgeous !! fabulous work with colour and texture my friend
hugs June xxxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous piece Sam! x

Zoechaos said...

Hi Sam

Know you are busy, have you seen you won some blogcandy over at PartiCraft? might want to pop over there LOL

& yes it's Minx who is lame unless you know something about Izhe that I don't? xx zoe

Neet said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sam. Love what you have done. Now I did have a piece of this stuff - wonder where it went?

Sid said...

Really great piece, love it !

Cath Wilson said...

Lots going on there, Sam - love those colours.

Angelnorth said...

Fab piece with all the textures going on here, great stuff!

Blog Archive