Wednesday 25 August 2010

Pockets of Secrets


The base is a piece of dark brown felt but it must be of a different fabric mix as it didn't burn very well, it was from Boyes and the pieces from The Range are certainly much thicker and singe much better. There is a piece of batting next to give it some spring and padding, then I laid on a piece of cream frayed scrim.  The image is another ice resin piece and was sewn on with the machine with a piece of chocolate organza over the top.  I left the top open to insert the wire hanger.  Once this was in place I put fibres, wool, threads, sequins, beads and buttons on the opposite side and sewed in 3 little pockets to house all the bits. I printed the word 'secrets' onto a piece of scrim, padded it out with a bit of stuffing, sewed around the edges, frayed the right hand side and then sewed some lines into it and sewed it onto the bottom of the felt. I finished by adding beads to the hanger. Pity that the felt won't burn any more as I wanted it to have a more distressed look, but never mind.

13 comments:

LazyKay said...

Could you burn it some more with your soldering/wood burning tool?

Mind you, I think it looks great as it is - love the colour tones again.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Cath Wilson said...

Love all the messy bits on the left hand side, Sam and the beads are wonderful. Great piece of work.

Beccy said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of work - but great effect.

Caz and I gor together last week and were both fine, snowed under with work and both waiting to see if we are gonna be keeping our jobs with all the government cuts!

Hugs Beccy xx

CraftyC said...

Hi Sam, long time no see. Love this. A beautiful piece of artwork!
Clairexx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous again! so much tucked in there to look at in all the sections! Loving your triangle hangers! xx Zoe

ju said...

just gets better ! x

Neet said...

You just get better and better at this Sam - I love the left hand side - all those bits and pieces are gorgeous and your image transfer is to be envious of.

Sid said...

Lovely little collection of 'secrets' there !!

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant Sam! Love the pockets idea! x

cockney blonde said...

Hi Sam, just bobbed over to let you know I'm now following you, lol. Great to see you on KCUK. I'll have a proper look at your blog when I get back from my hols but just wanted to say - lurve the doggy, x

Glenys said...

Its a work of art. Fabuloso!

Anonymous said...

oh I love this...a wonderful piece of work.

Burnice said...

Love it!
Burnice x

Blog Archive