Saturday 4 September 2010

18th Card


This card was a happy accident as I wasn't planning on making it yet as it isn't until the 20th of October and I had no idea of what to make.  But over on KCUK group this months challenge is to use part of a stamp, cut it out and mount it onto something else.  I used the jeans from the PBS 'dreamer' plate, of course the colour is faded jeans distress ink, although on the photo they do look extremely bright, but they aren't!!!  Then I cut a nesties shape from a piece of red script paper (again this looks pink) and a larger one from a piece of green and gold card.  I like to use this as it sands back really, really well.  I run it through the big shot using the happy birthday embossing folder and distressed it with a sanding block.  So this was now shaping up to look like a male card, due to the image and the colours. I folded a piece of A4 card in half but it needed a little something else, so I cut a piece of the navy blue to matt but created a border down one edge with the EK Success bubbles border punch for a bit of variety. I cut the numbers from the Red Tag Sale alphabet cuttlebug dies and the letters from the Hippy Chick set and glued them on.

So thanks to Cath for the challenge and for the inspiration to make the card.

4 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

What a fabulous edge punch and love the lettering, I have that embossing folder but never used it but this gives it a whole new lease of life, I am sure it is just perfect for the person receiving.

thank you also for your wonderful knowledge on my recent knowledge gap, your ace
Kate xx

Sid said...

Super card Sam !!

Anonymous said...

Cool card Sam! x

Zoechaos said...

That worked out really well smasing card for an 18 year old (or maybe not if it appeals to a somewhat older female LOL) xx Zoe

Blog Archive