Thursday 7 October 2010

A princess and a goddess


More Stampotique images, both coloured with water coloured paints.  The background of the tags were painted with eco friendly paints, tide pool and orchid.  Once dry, Vaseline was smeared in certain areas to act as a resist and the whole of the tag was painted with sand eco friendly paint.  Once dry I wiped off the paint in the areas where the Vaseline had been applied.  I stamped the tag with the spiders web image from stampers anonymous.  Painted the wings and the crown from T!m's alteration plate, heart wings, in gold dabber paint.  White liquid pearls were used to decorate the crown and the wings.  Princess and godess were made with the dymo labeller and finally fibres were added.

10 comments:

Femmy said...

great tags!! and what a fantastic images!

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic that vaseline technique has produced some amazing results looks like you had a lot of fun doing these. xx Zoe

downrightcrafty said...

I have to agree with Zoe great effect and I must buy myself some vaseline (last time I bought a pot, I used it to keep my bike wheels gleaming silver)

Great creations as always Sam
Hugs Kate xx

Neet said...

Ooh! Love that background - and the whole tag is gorgeous in both instances.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tags Sam, love that background technique! Must try it myself! xx

Angelnorth said...

You've ben busy again, lots of fab projects! These look great, the Vaseline resist worked out well!

Deborah said...

Wow, you're on a roll, Sam! Love the tags.

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab tags love the look of the backgrounds

Cath Wilson said...

Lots of fun here and lovely colours, Sam. Love the goddess.

LazyKay said...

Great effects, love the colours.

xxxx

Blog Archive