Saturday, 27 March 2010
Thursday, 25 March 2010
I used rusty hinge and crushed olive distressed inks on the background, then swooshed over it with timber and saddle brown stazon, added a bit of olive green to the edges. The frame has a sort of coating on it so it's dried all shimmery, see how the light has caught it top right, hopefully it still looks distressed. I added a photo of Mona and some of T!m's metal foliage.
From this, a paint colour chart from good old Wally Walmart
To this hanger
This weeks theme on Tuesday Taggers is 'altered - you bet'. I hope this counts as altered. Inspiration for this was found in a recent issue of Stampers Sampler, an American craft magazine.
The top tile is a 2x2 piece of stampbord, coloured with rusty hinge, cruched olive and walnut distressed inks. The image is one of my new ones from the 'spirit' plate by creative impressions bought at Harrogate show. Stamped in timber brown stazon and then the inner eye, some of the nostrils and mouth scraped away. I did some doodles to create some hair and etched a straight line down each side to create a border. I chiselled a bit out the top on each side to 'sit' the waxed thread in so it stuck down flat. The next tile is a piece of glass stamped using the same image but with black stazon and I flipped it over to give the mirror image. This is attached with diamond glaze. The word 'believe' is stamped in timber brown stazon onto a piece of white shiny card and then stitched onto the background with my handheld sewing machine!! Was impressed as the lines are quite straight, although the first time I did it all the thread came out, hence the extra set of holes!!!!
Anyway, this is my first piece for the Lotstodo distressed swap that I am hosting.
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Saturday, 20 March 2010
This is the mothers day card I made for my mum. I used dye based adirondack inks with hero arts stamps, inked them up and spritzed them with water to give a watercoloured effect. I then masked the flowers off and stamped the script background in willow adirondack. I stamped the letters individually, cut them out and used foam pads on some to raise them
Edited - she wasn't impressed with it!!!!!
Friday, 19 March 2010
Had another go at sewing on card today. It's my nephews birthday soon and he's mad on footy, well Man United actually, hence the red. Just a plain and simple card as I know he won't care what's on the front or how wonky the stitching is, all he wants is the money inside!!!!!! So I decided to have a practise on him!!! I coloured the Paper Nation image in with water colour paints.
Sunday, 14 March 2010
Saturday, 13 March 2010
This weeks Lotstodo challenge is 'lock and/or key' so I made this card. The image is one of my favourites, CI-110 and has a lock and key on it, bottom left near the music bars. I also added a lock and 2 key charms onto a piece of chain and attached them from the flower. I used a piece of acetate to cover the front of the card but it isn't flat to the card as you can see from the photo below
This is to allow room for the dimensions of the flower
This has now become my mums birthday card, so I have made a box for it as it won't fit in an envelope - her brithday isn't until May!!!
Friday, 12 March 2010
My little lad is 3 today. I brushed him yesterday in the hope of getting a nice photo of him today on his 3rd birthday, but it's dull and raining, so it obviously wasn't meant to be!! Hopefully it might brighten up later, so you never know, watch this space!!!!
Thursday, 11 March 2010
I also bought a hand held sewing machine from Wally Walmart whilst I was away. I had a play with it last night and was quite impressed as I managed to change the thread all by myself and it still works!!! I don't know if you can see from the photo but I've attached the middle piece of wallpaper to the bottom one with white cotton, then I got clever and changed it for black which I used to sew on the face and then 2 lines over the word (by the way, they are not meant to be straight lines!!). Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, as I say, I was just playing.
Monday, 8 March 2010
Managed to pick up a few new things whilst I was on holiday.
And everything survived the journey back!!!
I think they are trying to get rid of the wooden stamps, because not only were they $'s for £'s but they had 40% off too - bargain, but unfortunately only limited ones left. I didn't do too bad though!
Saturday, 6 March 2010
This months atc swap on UKStampers is ripped and torn, ie distressed. This weeks Lotstodo theme is also distressed, so I am using my ATC's for this weeks challenge.
I stamped the images out twice and completely coloured them all with distress inks. I used one as a base and tore the other one and stuck the torn pieces over the top of the first image. I inked around the edges with walnut stain distress ink. I then mounted them onto black card.
- ► 2017 (100)
- ► 2016 (171)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (280)
- ► 2013 (334)
- ► 2012 (276)
- ► 2011 (218)
- Lotstodo - Vintage & Joy's Birthday
- Distressed Swap - Lotstodo
- Tuesday Taggers Challenge
- Fraser Photos
- Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza - Harrogat...
- Lotstodo - Spring is in the Air
- Sewing on a card
- Lotstodo - Lock and/or Key
- Happy Birthday Fraz
- Crafty sewing!!!
- Holiday Photos
- Picked up a few new bits!!!
- Let's get Distressed!!!
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2009 (213)
- ► 2008 (337)