Saturday 12 February 2011

Stamping with backgrounds


I used some of the marbling and alpha/numeric backgrounds that I recently created.  I stamped the T!m image with black stazon onto the marbled background and tore around the edges.  I stamped the word imagine down the right hand side and over stamped it with weathered wood distress ink to give it a shadowed look.  Once mounted onto another piece of torn background I used the coffee stains stamp with black distress ink on the top right and bottom left corners to blend both pieces together.  I threaded cream ribbon through some of the holes where the page had been torn from the pink pig sketchbook.

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great effect love the merging and layering both backgrounds work brilliently. XOXO Zoe

Femmy said...

gorgeous card Sam!!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats stunning sam. it looks 3 dimensional. brilliant work
Please pop by my blog if you get time and grab the 24 hour freebie digi stamp (altered alice ) while its there.
Have a wonderful and creative weekend
hugs June

Anonymous said...

Fantastic arty piece Sam! Love the BG stamped with paint! xx

All mixed up maz said...

Hi nice art piece xx

Sam & Poppy said...

Brilliant Sam x

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful piece. thansk for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Mags said...

Great piece Sam.

LazyKay said...

I always get overwhealmed by backgrounds but what you've done here really works.

xxxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive