Wednesday 6 April 2011

Birthday Card


It's my mums birthday in May so I set about making her a card using the scrunched flowers idea which Kate recently used on her mothers day card.  The colours don't look so faded IRL but it's so hard to get a decent photo!!!  I used spun sugar distress stain around the edges.  The flowers and leaves are sizzix die cuts stamped with timber brown stazon using the scratches background stamp.  They are coloured with spun sugar and walnut stain stains. For the leaves I used forest moss and peeled paint stains. 


There is quite a lot of depth to this card as the flower sizes sit inside each other but from the first photo it looks quite flat.


I added a sentiment and some pearlised gems.

Thanks Kate xxx

15 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sam this is gorgeous love the plethora of flowers so beautifully done,

Marie

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card Sam your flowers are very pretty and the sentiment nestled in the middle. Yeah I know but she has no taste. XOXO Zoe

Neet said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sam - your mum will love it! How could she fail not to! Love everything about it - the flowers, the sentiment, the colours - I love it!

downrightcrafty said...

Oh wow love the frame of flowers which are gorgeous and love the papers you chose, but my those leaves are amazing and I just must buy those distress ink colours - so life like

thanks for the linky and I am sure your mum will adore this

Hugs Kate xx

ju said...

This is gorgeous Sam ! x

Chris said...

Sam, I don't know what you've been taking but this card is so PRETTY. AND it's PINK.

Sorry to tease as I think it really is beautiful and your Mum will love it.

Carol Q said...

coo that's a stunner Sam!

Beccy said...

Hiya Sam, loving the flowers very unlike you lol. Caz said Helloooooooooooo sorry I am being totally anti social at the moment. I dont think she meant me to post that lol, but she is.

Hugs Beccy

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful card. Love all the flowers. So soft looking. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

hazel said...

This is so beautiful Sam, your mum will love it.
xxx Hazel.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is so pretty. Love the flowers.

Alison said...

Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Your mum will love this card Sam! xxx

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is SUCH a yully card Sam - your Mum will adore it I'm sure. Love those flowers.
x

Sue said...

This is beautiful Sam, your Mum will love it. I hope all the pink didn't hurt your eyes too much :o) x

Cindy Adkins said...

What a magnificent card--purely beautiful!!!
XO

Blog Archive