Saturday 2 April 2011

Trees and Snowflakes!!!


Ok, I know winter is just about over, especially with this lovely weather we are enjoying of late, but I also tret myself to the tree die and the snowflakes on the edge die.  Only because I thought they would come in useful next year when I do my holiday scrapbook pages (my excuse anyway!!).  But obviously, I just had to have a play first.  So I tried out a combination of distress stains and distress ink.  The background for the tag is weathered wood stains, spritzed with water and dried off with the heat gun.  The snowflakes are coloured with faded jeans stain and blended with tea dye, frayed burlap and walnut stain distress inks.  They were then covered in rock candy distress stickles, for a bit of sparkle.  The tree is coloured with a combination of peeled paint, forest moss, walnut stain and vintage photo distress stains and again blended with pine needle and tea dye distress inks.  I then used glossy accents on the edges.  I used a paper distresser to distress the edges of the tag and coloured with tea dye distress ink and I stamped the little dots with the same colour.  Finally I added some fibres.


The trees and snowflakes were prepared exactly the same as above except I used clear rocky candy distress crackle paint on them and not glossy acents.  I cut a piece of corrugated, stripped the first layer off, painted the bottom in denim acrylic dabber and the remainder is a combination of aqua and cloudy blue acrylic dabbers.  I used espresso around the edges to frame the piece.

6 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

love the tree die and great presentation and love the colours
and the reason for buying it
Hugs Kate x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous as always, love the tag but it is the 2nd piece that got the excited Ohhh XOXO Zoe

Dolly Daydreams said...

I agree with Zoe for once lol you have given me inspiration has some of that corrugated stuff might use it now thanks.

Marie

Deborah said...

Pine trees and snowflakes! Are to trying to jinx our warm weather! LOL
Seriously, I don't blame you for wanting to play - and you got great results, especially the corrugated one.

Alison said...

Fantastic pieces Sam! Love the colours you used!
My trees were embossed with black ep, to answer your question.
Alison xxx

hazel said...

These are great Sam, I love the corrugated one.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive