Saturday 29 October 2011

8 x 8 Books


I made these books for my friend for her to put in some photos of the kids.  I used a cover it all cover from zutter.  I painted it cranberry, raspberry blue and black.  I gave it 3 coats of glossy mod podge.  The letters are grunge boards from the alphabet set.


Some of the inside pages with the paper stacks I got last weekend from the Range.



And this one is for her daughter who likes purple, green and pink.  Again painted and 3 coats of mod podge.  I used a piece of ribbon across this one to hide the colour join.


More of the inside pages.


Thanks to Bren for this fantastic idea of using file folders and 8 x 8 paper stacks.  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea - did you get the covers from the Range as well as the paper?

There actually is a Range about 15 miles from me so I could go and get some. I was thinking I could make one for my D.I.L to put photos in of our 'Luke'. They tend to keep all their photos on one of those memory stick things - such a shame - as the 'old fashioned' photo albums are lovely to look at.

Chris said...

Your friend will love these, Sam. Great idea, they'll look fab with the photos in.

downrightcrafty said...

wow you have been busy I am sure that they will love them great colours
Hugs Kate xx

Alison said...

A fab idea to showcase some photos! Great colours & papers Sam! xx

hazel said...

A wonderful idea, I love them,
xxx Hazel.

Cath Wilson said...

Great gift, Sam - you've chosen the papers well x

Carol Q said...

they look fab Sam. a nice easy way to make books too.

Neet said...

What a damned fine idea. Make lovely Christmas gifts too. Now that is a really good idea as I have oodles of papers. Thanks Chuck!

Blog Archive