Friday 21 October 2011

Cherished Angel


Clare persuaded me to join in the plastic bottle challenge set by Mitzi.  The only instruction I got was to take a before and after photo.  So I've no idea if I'm on the right lines or not, but I enjoyed doing it and that's all that counts.  So, here is my kiddie bottle of cherryade.


Here it is stripped of its contents and label.


I then gave it a coat of texture paste and waited patiently to see if it would stick or all fall off!!!  I left it over night to completely dry.


Happy to say it did stay on, so I painted it with pewter, old brass and rust lumiere paints.  I then gave it a coat of black translucent stewart gill paint and sponged on a bit of bronze eco friendly acrylic.  I cut out a strip of tape measure from a TH paper.  The wings are die cut and embossed, coloured with bronze paint and touches of green patina sponged on.  They have been stamped in black stazon with an alphabet stamp and edged in black paint.  I cut into the bottle and slid the wings in.  The face is stamped onto the die cut spellbinders crowned circles nestie and attached with silicone glue.  Then I decided to take the top off and add a halo!!!  I attached it by wrapping T!m's tissue tape around the neck of the bottle. 

14 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh I am saving plastic bottle caps :) and if Star got her paws on the full bottle she would have had the cap for me and the content for her. Love the finished effect looks really amazing. Just bought five bottles of wine to decorate - that would be Xmas a coming
Hugs hope your well
Kate xx

Sue said...

This is brilliant Sam, I don't know where you get your ideas from! x

Sue said...

This is brilliant Sam, I don't know where you get your ideas from! x

Sid said...

Great upcycled placky bottle Sam !!

cockney blonde said...

Gosh, I wouldn't know where to start. So imaginative, x
PS Happy Birthday

Chris said...

Woweeeee this is just fabulous, Sam. Love the face and the wings and the halo is a a touch of genius.

Heavens2Betsy said...

This us an amazing transformation. Really like the effects. penny

Unknown said...

Wow this is fabulous - amazing what a great idea

Angela Weimer said...

A fabulous job Sam. Love how it turned out and how you showed the photos throughout. Love it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

hazel said...

Wow! This is fabulous Sam. I shall look at my empty plastic bottles in a different light now.
xxx Hazel.

Deborah said...

Great upcylcing Sam! Now I shall have to finish my orange squash in double quick time LOL

Alison said...

Oh WOW!!! I have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing Sam! xxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fabulous bottle, knew you would enjoy doing it!

Clare

Neet said...

Love what you have done - wish I had been home to enter as I love things like that.
There is so much on your little angel that it makes one want to touch it. Brill!
Hugs, Neet xxx

Blog Archive