Sunday 20 May 2012

Take a Stamp



I have seen in some Stampington magazines where a stamp is chosen and used in different ways, so with this is mind I set off having a play.  I decided to choose my new Art Journey 'Pear' stamp from the aptly named Pear plate!!.  As you can see I made an arch, an atc, a couple of tags and three cards.  This is a long post as I am going to explain each one below.  So either grab a coffee or carry on blog hopping!!!


The arch ~ stamped background using distress inks, adirondack dye inks and stazon in shades of purple.  I then gave them a light dusting of violet shade and ultramarine blue extra dark. I stamped the two pears onto tissue paper with timber brown stazon and cut them out.  I gave the arch a coat of golden matte medium, laid the first pear on and gave that a coat too and then laid the second one over the top and coated that too.


I used glossy card for both the background and the card.  The white card is stamped with olive stazon using the image from the TH papillon plate.  The pear is stamped in black stazon on to glossy card as the background was created using juniper, lake mist and willow alcohol inks.  Edged with forest moss distress stain and smudged in.  I used my one and only distress marker, picket fence to squiggle underneath the pear so it didn't look like it was floating, not sure if you can see it on the photo or not.


This is my least favourite one and the one I did last.  I covered the background with yellow and green Stewart Gill translucent paint.  I stuck on a few pieces of music script and added a bit more paint.  I inked clear ink through a piece of sequin waste and coloured it with burnt sienna extra dark pan pastel. I stamped the pear in versa mark but because it was dark by this time and the light wasn't good, I couldn't see where I had stamped to put the pan pastel and I was a bit heavy handed with it on the left hand side while I was sussing out the image!!!  I stamped the words in timber brown stazon and coloured it with some other Stewart Gill paints.


Atc ~ I stamped the pear in 3 shades of green using colorbox fluid chalk inks from the Autumn Pastel range.  I masked the image off and stamped the CI music background with saddle brown stazon.  I used orange extra dark pan pastel to colour the background.


I stamped the pear image on the plain white tag in bamboo leaves Memento ink, masked it off and stamped the twigs image (from the same plate) in various colours of distress inks and adirondack dye inks.  I spritzed it with water and stamped it onto the tag.  I took the scroll from the same pear plate and again used various colours and randomly stamped it on the tag corners.  I took a wet paintbrush to my art bars and coloured the background of the tag.  I used forest moss distress stain to edge the tag and added the fibres.


I stamped a script Paperartsy image in versa mark all over the tag.  I used ultramarine blue extra dark pan pastel to highlight the script.  I went over the whole tag with a combination of violet shade and turquoise shade pan pastel.  I stamped the pear images in cool peri and eggplant adirondack dye inks, cut them out, mounted them onto the tag with 3d foam and added fibres to finish.  I edged the tag in dusty concord distress stain.


And this is my favourite one, a card.  The three pears were stamped in olive, timber brown and saddle brown stazon.  They were masked off to create the effect.  I gave them a bit of shadow using my artbars.  I edged the card with one of the greens from the Colorbox fluid chalk autumn set as above.  I stamped the word 'friends' in timber brown stazon on a separate piece of card, edged it and stuck it on the card.  The whole thing was then attached to a white card.

8 comments:

Deborah said...

It's easy to forget sometimes, in our quest for new stamps all the time (speaking for myself, anyway) that one single stamp can be so versatile and effective in different mediums. Love them all, Sam.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...amazing crafty workings Sam...you've put so much thought into bringing the versatility of one stamp to our attention, I love this idea & I'm gonna give it a go myself (when i've got Tim's Tag done)...I've yet to get a subscription to Stampington, such a fabby mag...super posting Sam I loVe each of your designs...Mel :)

Marianne said...

That's really great to see what you create with only one stamp. I think they are all lovely, but my fav is also the three pears (friends) card.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Marianne

Sid said...

Stamps are so, so versatile !!

JoZart Designs said...

What a great experiment with lovely results, even the ones you least like1 You are turning into a right Andy Warhol!
thanks for popping by my blog and for your lovely comment..
Lv Jo x

hazel said...

I love what you've created with just one stamp Sam, they're all fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Chris said...

Well, it just shows how much variation you can achieve, Sam. They're all fab.

Does this mean that you'll be selling the rest of your stamps? :o)

Unknown said...

I remember this from Stampington and you have made an excellent job of them as it can be a real challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.

carol x

Blog Archive