Sunday 21 October 2012

Doncaster Dome & Birthday

All in one day, what more could I ask for?

I got up this morning to thick fog and a stack of cards and pressies.


From my crafty friends.  A lovely notebook and some tissue stuff I need to try out from Chris, a box with all sorts of fab stuff inside, a postcard and a twinchie from Chrissie, a keyring from Von and a tub off sparkly fluff from Neet - Thanks guys.


And then this absolutely gorgeous scarf from Burn.  I'm guessing it's somehow knitted as that's what Burn does.


And these my wonderful cards - thanks to you all for making my day special.

Thanks to all my twitter friends for their birthday wishes too.


And to make it even better, there were actually 2 craft shows on today, one at Lincoln and one at Doncaster.


Now unfortunately this isn't a very good photo, but it's the only one I have, this in the black jacket is Sue the Iron who I have never met before but it turns out we've been to loads of the same craft shows!!  Great to finally meet up with you Sue!!

Caught up with Clare again too, but she was working the IndigoBlu stall.

And in the background you may of spotted Mrs PaperArtsy, which is what swung it for me choosing to go to Doncaster instead of Lincoln.  Oh and there were a few other reasons too!!


This is the fantastic Paperartsy stand.


This is Leandra showing us how to use the liquid leaf.


Texture paste through a stencil.


Then Leandra showed 'us' how to use the crackle glaze.  So I had to go shopping for a third time on the stall!!!  Good job I had birthday money to spend!!


When I say 'us', I met up with Emma, Tracie and little Bella again which was brilliant.  I can't believe how good Bella is, she is like a text book baby.  Sleeps all the time, has a feed, says hello for all of 2 minutes and goes back to sleep again!!! Unfortunately I didn't get any photos this trip.

So I guess you wanna see what I bought then - here you go.


Most of the stuff is from Paperartsy.


Okay, so to finish off a perfect day, I am now going out for a meal.


15 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Sam. Sounds like you had a great day. Fab cards and presents.

So jealous of all the PA stash you bought. Looks like a visit to their website is in order :o)

Jenny Marples said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Glad to hear you had such a fab day and spoiled yourself at Doncaster. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with those goodies. Have a great meal and enjoy the rest of your night. Hugs, Buttons x

Deborah said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday to me, Sam. And I am loving your new stash.

happyDiane said...

so glad to hear that you had a wonderful day! Someday you will meet up with all of your twitter friends on this side of the pond!

Helen said...

What a lovely way to spend your birthday, and some wonderful presents/cards - and then such treats you bought yourself - just one or two fresco paints then!

Minxy said...

Glad you've had such a wonderful birthday sweetie x Enjoy playing with all those new goodies x

Gillian .... said...

Happy Birthday Sam, love your pics from today, what a lovely stash you have there. Enjoy your meal tonight. x

Von said...

What a fabulous way to spend your birthday Sam :) enjoy playing with your new stash
Von ♥

chrissie said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday Sam-great stash you got at the show as well

Love Chrissie xx

Marianne said...

I didn't know it was your birthday, but I want to congratulate you even though it is a bit late. Beautiful stuff you have bought. I have the lyn perrella stamps too and can't wait to see you use them :-) And i saw a great skull stamp on a hot picks set.... You have fun with you new stash!!
Hugs,
Marianne

All mixed up maz said...

Hi
happy birthday.xx
Glad you had a great birthday
sam. xxx

Julia S-W said...

Sorry I missed this on Sunday - belated Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great time at the show and bought lots of wonderful goodies to play with - lucky you. Glad you had such a nice birthday.
Juliaxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Happy Birthday!! Was great to see you! That's what I forgot to get that skull stamp from PaperArtsy! blarg!

Alison said...

Belated birthday wishes Sam! Sounds like you had a fab day! xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Belated Happy Birthday from me too Sam! It sounds like you had a wonderful day, lovely to see all your pics. Enjoy your new goodies, love what you did with the little tree. I hope you have a wonderful year, many Happy Returns, Gez xxxx

Blog Archive