Wednesday 21 November 2012

Gelli Art Plate Workshop AftH


Had an absolutely fabulous day today.  I attended a workshop at AftH taught by the lovely Kate Crane.


This is my pile of gelli plate prints.  I was doing very well until about 11.30am when I gave in and just had to use some greens!!  I'd been using blues, pinks and purples.  Yes you did read that right, it does say PINK!!!


Kate is lovely, and if you are lucky enough to get the chance to attend one of her classes, I would certainly recommend it. The class was really easy going, chilled and relaxed, also she is a fab tutor and her depth of colour is absolutely unbelievable.  


This is Emma who I shared my plate with.  As you can see, she is a pink person and I caught her eating her lunch!!!


This is Emma's pile of prints.


I bought her a little present, and this is her opening it.  She doesn't like to open presents in front of people, so I thought I'd show you all!!!


This is the only piece I made in the class as I wanted to bring the rest home to make into backgrounds for books and tags etc.


It's cut from the larger of the two T!m Holtz matchbook movers and shapers die, stamped with a Dina Wakley script and some TH tissue tape over the tiny attacher staples.


Kate had the fab idea of adding a pad of post it notes to the inside which has been covered in text paper and stamped with walnut distress stains.


17 comments:

Helen said...

Looks like you all had fun!!

Marianne said...

Seems to me you had a really fabulous day!! What a nice pile of paper you have made and I'm sure you will find a good use for it :-)
Hugs,
Marianne

Chris said...

Looks like you had a great day, Sam. Fabulous backgrounds and love your matchbook.

I've no idea what gelli plates are and please don't tell me or I may need to buy some. lol

Words and Pictures said...

Seems like a great day - and what a lot of wonderfully colourful papers you now have to play with!
Alison x

chrissie said...

Looks like a fantastic class Sam and you certainly made some really beautiful backgrounds. Must say I do like the greens ones you made best-not sure why cause it isn't a colour I chose to use too often.

Love Chrissie xx

Deborah said...

Wish I could have been there - looks like fun. And gelli plates are so mesmerising they got you using pink :-)

Neet said...

Looks great and I like your finished piece very much.
Hugs, Neet xx

Alison said...

Fabulous designs Sam, love the little matchbook! Sounds like you had a fun day! xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely little post it notebook holder - I love making those and there are so many ways of doing them. Looks as if you had lots of fun x

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh looks like you were very creative and had a wonderful time :o)) FAB makes xx

Von said...

What a great play ! love what you achived with the gelli plate
Von ♥

JoZart Designs said...

Oooh! I fancy going to one of those classes. I saw LBs write up on the Gelli plates and it looks so exciting to find something new and creative. You did really well making loads of loveliness on the day.
thanks for your comment and just wanted to let you know that I have posted proper scans for all the choc bar templates.
Jo x

Julia S-W said...

These look amazing Sam but I have to say I'm with you on the price of these things! I love your pink pieces (and the green). I'm intrigued by what Gelli plates can do and would love to have a go. The little matchbook gift is a great idea. Looks like you had loads of fun and even more to have when you play with all your pieces!
Juliaxx

Burnice said...

PINK? That's my girl!!!!!

Burn x

thekathrynwheel said...

Ah, thanks for a lovely write up about the class :-) Your gelli prints look fab (but looked even better IRL!), and I love the way you turned one into a notebook for the Stampotique challenge. It was great to see you at AFTH.
(BTW you could always make yourself a gelli plate using gelatine for a cheaper alternative ....)

Craphty said...

It was a great day I really enjoyed it too. Your prints look great don't forget to post your projects using them. x c

Sandra Hall said...

It was a fab day... your do prints look great and I would definitely buy a notebook that looked like that! x

Blog Archive