Saturday 29 December 2012

MDF Book


Remember my wooden book that Emma gave me for Christmas, well I couldn't wait to get started with it, so I did!! Just to let you know, this post is very picture heavy.


I gave it a coat of white gesso, used the cogs stencil and spread texture paste through it.


Gave it a blast with the heat gun to dry it off.


I loosely used the Fresco Texture Background with Crackle Glaze technique which Leandra show cased here.


I added Onyxite and Renaissance treasure gold.


Over the texture paste cogs and the edges.


And some more over the crackled area.


The edges.


More on the cogs.


I also swiped over the cogs with black memento ink to give them a bit more definition.


Close up of the inked cogs.


Stamped a Paperartsy script over the crackle in black stazon.


I used black stazon to stamp the T!m image from the Steampunk set.


And this is my finished book!!!




10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Beyond cool, Sam - you've created a real masterpiece of colour, texture and patina - wow!
Alison x

downrightcrafty said...

love the colour and texture so pretty
Hugs Kate xx

Marianne said...

Wauw !! This looks great. Lovely photo series of how it all began. Beautiful result with these gears.
Hugs,
Marianne

Helen said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for showing us how you did it.

Pinksparklegirl said...

Glad to see you had fun with it, it looks amazing now x

Pinksparklegirl said...

Glad to see you had fun with it, it looks amazing now x

Deborah said...

Looks super cool, Sam!

chrissie said...

Wow Sam this looks amazing Never seen one of those book before.

Love Chrissie xx

Burnice said...

wow that's impressive. it looks really great.
Burnice x

Shairon said...

Hey Sam! Finally found your blog postings again - duh! This book is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing the techniques used. Wishing you, Martin and Fraz a very Happy New Year. Hope to see you sometime during it! xx

Blog Archive