Saturday 27 April 2013

Framed Lady


I used one of the pieces of wood I picked up at the local timber yard a few days ago to make this. The frame is made from chipboard and embossed in a script.  Painted in baltic blue fresco paint and hi-lighted with pewter treasure gold.  I painted snowflake directly onto the wood, applied the LP main image with matte medium.  The image was stamped onto crackly tissue paper and painted from behind with fresco paints.  Once it had all dried I painted the background in beach hut fresco paint.  The scroll type things are rub ons. The top one actually brought a lot of the paint off when I rubbed it on, but I simply went back in with beach hut and because it's translucent, it covered the white but let the rub on show through. 

8 comments:

Helen said...

She's beautiful!!

Pinksparklegirl said...

Love this, you're soooo creative i could go off you! lol

Marianne said...

Oh my, you sure have been busy!! What a gorgeous creation!! LOVE the colours, the stamp and the beautiful script on the border.
xxx Marianne

Carol Q said...

blimey Sam you're on a roll at the moment. another fab creation! I'm putting this on my PA pinterest page!

Lin said...

Love this Sam..she is one of my favorite stamps!! I really must pay a visit to the wood yard..:)

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous colour and texture - another great piece!
Alison x

Sue said...

Definitely one of my favourites Sam xx

Julia S-W said...

One of my all time favourite images - love this Sam! Great frame.
Juliaxx

Blog Archive