Tuesday 21 May 2013

Beaded Hanging Board


Over on the PaperArtsy blog it's Carols turn to wow us this week.  To find out what she made and follow along, click here.

I painted the board in pansy and my lovely mate Emma kindly sent me some of the Golden coarse fibre medium that she picked up from Cass Art when we were down at Ally Pally.  So I used this through the harlequin stencil as Carol did.


Now to my beaded trim, well it actually started off white as above, and after I'd had the alcohol inks to the beads and the French roast fresco to the ribbon, it turned out like the top photo.


And here is the finished piece. I pretty much followed what Carol did except I added some script in black stazon and over stamped in versamagic cloud white to fill in the gaps and used ribbon on the hanger as I couldn't face stringing fiddly beads!!

17 comments:

Helen said...

It's gorgeous!! I am going to have to find some damn beads now aren't I???!!!! Blast... was hoping to substitute something else... However, Sam this is gorgeous, I love the stamping on the hangy piece itself as well as the stencilled paste.

Alison said...

Looks fabulous Sam! I like the rough effects of the coarse fibre paste!
Alison xxx

Lin said...

Sam this is loverly!! I really like that fibre paste..but haven't got any :( colour is great and your beads look really good..like the whole piece it's great!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Carol Q said...

OMG Sam that's brilliant!!!I do like the stamp you used.

Marianne said...

I did that myself long ago.... what a terrible job all those little beads LOL. But the outcome is fantastic!! LOve this!!
xxx Marianne

Julie Lee said...

I like what you did with the beads. This is a lovely project. xxx

Deborah said...

That's a lovely hanging, Sam, and colouring the beading looks so effective.

Jenny Marples said...

Love the extra texture you've achieved with that course medium Sam. A great hanging. Hugs, Jenny x

craftimamma said...

Great job you did on the beads Sam and I really like the shadow stamped script..... fab idea! The course medium looks great too and I love the way the faces on the stamped image pop. Altogether wonderful hanging board.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

downrightcrafty said...

how gorgeous hun
Hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sam, really pretty (but not cute!!) xx

hazel said...

Wonderful Sam - great colour and I love the beads.
xxx Hazel.

Trish said...

Oh, it's beautiful!

Julia S-W said...

One of my favourite stamps! Love the colour, texture and such an improvement to that beaded trim!
Juliaxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous! Love that stamp and your interpretation,

Lucy x

PaperArtsy said...

Nice Sam! I like the script too, something about script that once you start ...

Blog Archive