Friday 31 May 2013

Fabric Painting


Over at the PA blog this week Darcy has been wowing us with all sorts of things.  She made a fabulous bag which you can see here.  Now I can't freehand draw, so I stamped some images onto different weaves of fabric with black stazon.


Then I set about painting them with Fresco paints, and when I say painting, I mean just blobbing some colours on here are there, painting really isn't my thing, it takes far too long!!!


Then for the last couple of nights she has wowed us with a fabulous house of books which you can see here and here as it's in two parts.  

I decided to use my biggest painted fabric image and attach it to a card using a large zig-zag stitch done on the sewing machine.  I decided to distress the edges by fraying the fabric. But before that I preped the tag with grunge paste and stamped into it with a line image.  Coloured it with baltic blue and French roast fresco paints and then went back in with snowflake to accentuate the stamping pretty much like Darcy did for her door.

Considering I didn't know what I was going to do with it, it came out okay.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! x

Darcy Marshall said...

Turned out great, i really love the background, you got a good deep stamped image that shows up great through the paint. Looks a bit like a circuit board.

Deborah said...

It certainly did turn out okay - it's really pretty.

Trish said...

Absolutely lovely!

Carol Q said...

that looks great Sam. I've been trying to find an ink pad that stamps a clear image on fabric and I haven't found it yet!

Marianne said...

Yes it certainly did !! I think it's very pretty.
xxx Marianne

Paula Whittaker said...

turned out good Sam

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant. Looks like u planned it perfectly!

Lin said...

Sam this is lovely...I enjoy painting on fabric we did it in one of Lin's classes...very relaxing. Love your tag and you interpretation of Darcy's pieces..great colours!!

downrightcrafty said...

looks great and fun creating too
Hugs Kate xx

Amanda said...

It turned out great!!
Love
Amanda x

Alison said...

Gorgeous tag Sam! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

It's a great tag - the fabric painting looks cool... Wasn't the House of Books breathtaking - I could hardly believe my eyes?!
Alison x

chrissie said...

Well done Sam they look fatastic and just as good on a tag as a bag I think

Love Chrissie xx

Julie Lee said...

I love the fibres and the way they echo the tattered edges and the painting looks great! xx

Blog Archive