Tuesday 25 June 2013

Homemade Washi Tape!!!


Well Darcy is back on the PA blog this week, she's been making her own washi tape and invited us to play along, see here.  I used different types of tape.  Top piece, masking tape, 2nd is some sort of steri tape, 3rd is Morrisons microporus tape, 4th and 6th are doubleside tape stuck to tissue paper and 5th is Wilkos clear washproof tape.

I coloured them using different shades of fresco paint and did some stencilling on them.


I stamped over the top in various Ink and the Dog images with stazon and stuck them on the backing paper.


Then I cut them into strips ready to use.  I couldn't make them any longer as I was governed by the size of the backing paper.  I was going to cut them flush but then decided it'll be easier to pull them off when I come to use them if there is a bit extra to get hold of.

20 comments:

Lin said...

cor that was fast Sam!! they look really good!

craftimamma said...

Fast and fabulous! Really like these Sam. I especially like the steri tape one. It has an almost lace like look to it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen said...

Pretty!! Will be playing along soon now I'm back from shopping, lol!

chrissie said...

Great ideas on your tapes Sam--must try this.

Love Chrissie x

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Purdy, not had a chance to have a go yet

Marianne said...

My daughter has been making some washitapes too some time ago!! Love yours... can't wait to see how you put them to use.
:-))
Hugs,
Marianne

Carol Q said...

they're great fun to do aren't they Sam and they look fab.

Words and Pictures said...

Fab... look forward to seeing them in action!
Alison x

Deborah said...

They look great, Sam, especially the red tape with the stars.

Darcy Marshall said...

They look great, you got the technique down perfect, hope to see them used on your other projects.

ionabunny said...

That was quick. Fantastic tapes.

Anonymous said...

They look great!

hazel said...

Fabulous tapes Sam - looking forward to seeing them on your work.
xxx Hazel.

Sarah B said...

These look great - must have a go later xx

Alison said...

Looks great Sam! xxx

Julie Lee said...

These look great and it's interesting that you used all different tapes. I just used masking, but I might pop into Wilkinsons and see what I can find! Julie Ann x

Craftyfield said...

Great tapes, the green one and the ivory ones remind me of TH tapes.

Kezzy said...

Wow these are fabulous, I love the stamping you did and I absolutely love how the green tape came out, gorgeous :-) Kezzy xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

They are great. Love the green one. Which was your favourite tape to work with?

Lucy x

Gillian .... said...

Look forward to seeing how you use these beauties Sam, thanks as always for joining in the GD challenge. xx

Blog Archive