Monday 15 July 2013

Shrink Plastic Bracelet


Over on the PA blog this week Carol is back again charming us with her fab idea of a shrink plastic bracelet which you can see here.

I die cut, sanded and painted as per Carols brief.  I used the largest and middle sizes of the Sizzix Primitive Hearts Die, together with the whole heart from T!m's Heart Wings die with guacamole fresco paint as it's a light but opaque colour.


Stamped various LP images onto each shape using black archival ink.


The next stage is very important, remember to put a hole somewhere on them so you can put the jump rings on when they've been shrunk.  It's much harder to do this the other way round!!


This is the un-shrunk largest heart on the left and on the right is what it shrinks down to.


And same again but this is using the TH heart shape.


Now my luck with triple embossing UTEE is about the same as Helen's with shrink plastic, not a marriage made in heaven.  So I decided to forgo this stage but instead gave each piece 2 coats of satin glaze.


And finally I edged them with gold liquid leaf and added a jump ring to each one.


And attached them to a piece of chain with a further jump ring and added a clasp.


And this is it opened out.

20 comments:

Steven said...

very nice indeed Sam!!

Gio said...

It's so cute, Sam! You were very inspired!

chrissie said...

Fantastic Sam--it looks very you with the colour and the images you used

Love Chrissie x

Amanda said...

Great make!
Love
Amanda x

Helen said...

This is fantastic, Sam!! Not at all surprised you used green, but it looks gorgeous.

Carol Q said...

wow Sam that's just brilliant. I can't believe you got it together so quickly. I spent ages humming and hawing over mine lol!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely, well done on getting it made so quickly.

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant. I think I've got to have a go toooooo!

Sid said...

What a hearty creation. Looks fab Sam !!

Marianne said...

Lovely!! Great bracelet! xxx Marianne

hazel said...

A fabulous bracelet Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant Sam ♥

Words and Pictures said...

Love the delicate green with the gold - great make!
Alison x

Sarah B said...

really lovely Sam xx

Kathi said...

Your bracelet is fabulous. I love the color and the images you used.

I thought it was funny that you reiterated the bit about punching the hole BEFORE you shrink. I forgot with my first three charms and could not puncture the shrunken shrink plastic.

Thanks for the encouragement on my project.

Craftyfield said...

The LP stamps are perfect for this project! Good move with the glaze so much safer than UTEE...

craftimamma said...

Love this Sam.I'm a fan of greens too and would love to have a go at this project but it's just too hot to get in my craftroom at the moment .....can't face it :-( You've made a beautiful job of it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This worked out so brilliantly, Sam!

Lucy x

Minxy said...

A grand job done, great piece chick xo

ionabunny said...

Great bracelet Sam. Love the LP images

Blog Archive