Saturday 6 July 2013

Under Lock and Key


When I was creating my canvas earlier in the week I mixed up far too much grunge paste with sky fresco paint, so I had to quickly reach out for something to use it up on, and the only thing I had to hand was a large mdf key shape.  I did have other intentions for this, but am hoping to pick another one up next week at the craft show!!!

The TH blueprint lock was stamped onto two pieces of stampbord glued together, coloured with a mix of ice blue, sky and baltic blue fresco paint.

From Chrissie's blog I've just read about a new monthly blog challenge that has just started called Altered Eclectics and it's the same theme every month, 'anything goes', but it's a mixed media blog, so no cards, scrapbook layouts, atc's etc.

14 comments:

Marianne said...

Lovely what you did with this large key.Great creation! xxx Marianne

Unknown said...

I told you about this when I was appointed a DT post! Lol

Great piece!

Carol Q said...

that worked really well Sam - looks fab.

Sandy said...

Hey Sam and Dog - my birthday is in October too! Very clever to use your paste right away and not waste it!! Clever make too!!
Sandy

Paula Whittaker said...

Great project....looks stunning.

Anonymous said...

That looks great, I love the colour.

Helen said...

looks great Sam!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the blueprint stamp paired with the giant key - great improvisation with your leftover paste!
Alison x

chrissie said...

This is terrific Sam and a wonderful idea.You have turned the key shape into something special

Love Chrissie x

Lin said...

This is great Sam..I got one of these at AP I think.. I really love what you've done with it the colours great and love the stamp board you've hung off of it..great piece!!

Chris said...

This is fabulous, Sam. So original. Love the colours.

Chris xx

Alison said...

Such a cool project Sam! I love it!
Alison xxx

hazel said...

A wonderful piece.
xxx Hazel.

Beverly said...

I love the key, especially the color! Don't worry, you can always do another key. We appreciate your entry into our Altered Eclectic challenge, and hope to see you many times more.

Bev Cole, AE DT
Artsystamper.com

Blog Archive