Friday 26 July 2013

Up for a Challenge


Emma challenged us to make anything but a tag using either all or a combination of the above colour pallet.  We were also allowed to use, black and/or white and had to incorporate a flower - yikes!!


So this is what I made.  I painted the background with sage fresco paint. I swiped chocolate pudding through a circles stencil and bumped it with elephant. I stamped the script in olive green stazon. Painted the mini frame with elephant and chocolate pudding and stamped a smaller script in black stazon.  

The Paper Bag Studio image was stamped onto white card in timber brown stazon as well as the words, and to incorporate the caramel colour, I used a flower.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! xxx

Lin said...

wow Sam love all of this!!! colours are great...and i just love that image!!! beautiful xx

Marianne said...

Great how you used all the colours and I do love this heart even if it's with a flower..... I have no problems with them LOL.
xxx Marianne

Burnice said...

Oooh that's rather splendid! Loving the colour combo - just like my dining room!!!!
Burn xxx

craftimamma said...

This is a beauty Sam! Definitely my sort of colours and, shame on me, I'm sure I have that lovely image and never even inked it up! Love the 'bumping' too AND you used a flower, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula Whittaker said...

ooo loving this Sam - it's a stunning piece x

Jenny Marples said...

Forgive me for saying Sam, when I saw the colours and your blog title I thought "that's not her usual colour palette - how's she going to tackle it?" And how!! LOVE what you've done with the colour combo and that shadow stamping. Round of applause for this one Sam. Hugs, Jenny x

Helen said...

Stunning!! I love the colours and I even more love your interpretation.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the stencil bumping and that little texty frame - delicious.
Alison x

chrissie said...

Didn't you do well! Bet this didn't sound like your sort of things at all but what a great job you made of the challenge

Love Chrissie xx

Alison said...

Love the background...fab piece Sam! xxx

Pinksparklegirl said...

You have done a briliant job with the challenge even though i didnt let you use a tag and made you use a flower! I suppose i should get on with my version now then!

Blog Archive