Saturday 12 October 2013

Dream a Dream


Alison's second project over on this weeks PA blog was all about tags and a canvas which you can see here.  As I didn't have a square canvas I used a piece of 8 x 8 mdf instead.  I coloured it with mocha mousse fresco, added some TH tissue wrap and put grunge paste through the ledger stencil.


I stamped various images with saddle brown and pumpkin stazon onto tissue paper and covered some wooden buttons.


I stamped the feathers and main image onto cream ribbed card.  I painted the background in a wash of nougat fresco and edged with mocha mousse which I also used on the tags and main image to bring it all together.  Added the buttons, tags, piece of die cut lace and the word dream.

13 comments:

craftimamma said...

Fabulous take on Alison's canvas Sam but as always with your own interpretation. Those buttons turned out perfectly! Oooh, I do love these colours.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

That is lovely.

Helen said...

I love it!! I saw it when I was linking mine - I nearly used the dream girl as my main image too, she does look fab here.. Your buttons are gorgeous too.

Marianne said...

Great make. Lovely background and beautiful feather stamps!! Love the buttons too!
Have a nice weekend!
xxx Marianne

Unknown said...

Oh my word this is just stunning The background texture and attention to detail is awesome

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely make, Sam - the tissue wrap is a great addition, and I love your buttons! Thanks so much for joining in again, so glad you've been having fun with it!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely make, Sam - the tissue wrap is a great addition, and I love your buttons! Thanks so much for joining in again, so glad you've been having fun with it!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful! The ribbed card adds a lovely effect to the stamped images.

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab!

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely canvas! I love the way you echo the idea of dream from the image of the girl in your big text. Love the feather tags too! Great colour choice too! Julie Ann xx

Lin said...

This is lovely Sam and your buttons are fab!!!!

Janet said...

love your canvas Sam

chrissie said...

Wonderful take on Alison's sample Sam--love your buttons

Chrissie x

Blog Archive