Sunday 5 January 2014

Colouring and Bleaching Canvas


As my roll of canvas arrived yesterday, I decided to have another go at the bleaching effect with dishwasher rinse liquid.  This time I used a very thin layer of paint, this is London bus fresco paint and it's come out really well, but unfortunately the photo doesn't show it very well.


This one is yellow submarine and I poured the dishwasher rinse on in specific places.


Tango for this one and after pouring on the dishwasher rinse I  used screwed up tissue to create patterns in the liquid.


A very thin layer of beach hut fresco paint and it's come out really well, but again, photo doesn't do it justice.


Then the downfall, it doesn't like the opaque paint. Even though I really, really watered the guacamole down, adding the dishwasher rinse didn't do anything!!


So I tried it with limelight as I wanted a green, although it's come out more yellow than green!!!

I have an idea for what I want to use them for but I'm still waiting on post - watch this space!!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Sam, you got some great effects.

Alison said...

They look great Sam! Looking forward to seeing how you use them
Alison xxx

jojo79 said...

Great effects Sam. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Jo
x

Lin said...

looking good Sam can't wait to see what you come up with,,come on postie!!!

Marianne said...

I am watching you!! You make me very curious! LOL
xxx Marianne

Words and Pictures said...

Looking forward to seeing where these end up...
Alison x

chrissie said...

Can't wait to see what you have in mind Sam

Love Chrissie x

Sandy said...

I think it looks pretty darn good Sam - looking forward to seeing more.
Sandy

Blog Archive