Thursday 9 January 2014

Stamping into GP


I covered a couple of pieces of chipboard with a decent layer of grunge paste. I sprayed a couple of T!m's rubber stamps with water and stamped them into the tacky paste. I left them overnight to completely dry. As you can see, I got some great texture.


Coloured with lumiere paints in blue and purple.


And pewter and rust. I wanted the silver a bit brighter so added in some of the blue.


I went over it with black paint and added the word Soul, but you can't really see the effect in this photo.


Got great depth and texture from the GP though.


And this angle shows the black paint better.


I used lots of different colours of treasure gold over this one to bring out the texture.


From this angle you can see the shimmer the treasure gold gives.

13 comments:

Alison said...

Very cool! Great technique Sam! xxx

chrissie said...

What a superb idea Sam--love the effects you have created

Love Chrissie x

Julie Lee said...

You got a really good result there, some fabulous effects with the GP and the TG - quite a bit of detail as well as texture. Julie Ann xx

Sandy said...

Wow Sam - I am soooo impressed. I am going to have to give this a try. Really wonderful work!
Sandy

massofhair said...

The stamps you used have wonderful depth to them which is why you got such a great result, love the images you used, great colours, fab projects :-) x

Helen said...

Love these atcs Sam, the TG works beautifully.

Lin said...

wow Sam these look great!!love all that texture you've got going on and I love those paints. And good old TG you csn't beat it xx

hazel said...

Fabulous ATCs, I love the textures that you've created.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

Oooh very effective Sam, love both of these xx

Anonymous said...

Sam, they look amazing. the dragonfly especially is gorgeous.

craftimamma said...

You got some fab results on these two pieces Sam. Got to say the second one is my favourite ......... it's that dragonfly again, lol! Wonderful texture on both of them though and and love how the black on one and TG on the other brings that out.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Oooh Sam like these. So much texture and great colours xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely texture... I've still not had much joy stamping into texture paste (Grunge or otherwise). I never seem to time it quite right...
Alison x

Blog Archive