Monday 28 April 2014

Triple Treat - PATwits 3Up Challenge - Night 1 - LB


Over at the PA blog this week it's the turn of the PATwits to take over.  There are 3 projects being show cased each night from a designer and first up was Lin Brown. I don't have that many of Lins products because she has a love of flowers, and I don't.


First up was Shirley with her cards. I used LB stamps and die cut for the inner flower and the quote. The leaves were made using the Ellen Vargo sketchy pod shaped stamp.



Next up was Cazz with her storage unit. I decided to paint an mdf box and make it into a pen holder. I crackled the 2 sides then applied GP mixed with chutney through script and number stencils. The background colours are chartreuse and seaweed with a coat of tikka underneath.  The other 2 sides are LP images and PA Minis stamped in timber brown stazon.


And last but not least my PATwit friend Helen who decorated a paper mache hanging board. I chose a piece of mdf, painted it in chartreuse and seaweed. Stamped some LB images with chutney. Coloured some GP with seaweed and applied through a mini circle stencil. I painted the chipboard pieces with a mix of chutney and seaweed and stamped a PA mini script in black stazon. 


I die cut the PA dragonfly using an off cut off a gelli print and lightly went over it in chartreuse to co-ordinate it in with the background colours. 

Now the reason for the 3 projects on the one post is because this week you are only allowed 3 entries into the prize draw and as I know that Ellen Vargo and Lynne Perrella were also on the list, I'm saving myself for later in the week!!!


18 comments:

Julie Lee said...

How do you do it, Sam? You have boundless energy and creativity! This is a great post with 3 lovely 'makes'. I particularly loved your interpretation of the Helen one. Julie Ann xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

Great pieces Sam, love that black and white card.

craftimamma said...

Three wonderful projects taking inspiration from last night's #3UP post. Gosh, you are speedy Sam. I wish I could work half as fast instead of faffing about as I do, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lin said...

Blimey you have been busy...love the black and white!! can't beat it. The pencil pot cane out lovely..great colour choices. My fav is Helen's one!! the mdf plaque is great with thoses LB images. And that dragonfly is gorgeous!! lovely mottled colours xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Wonderful Sam, love the lp collage on the pen holder!

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

Great makes all round, Sam! I'm behind in Craftyblogland so must hop over to PA to check out the inspiration...
Alison x

Sue said...

These are fabulous Sam, I really like your black and white card xx

Helen said...

Have you done all these this evening while I've been out?! Love the card, black and white is just so striking. The pen holder looks fab, and so does your hanging piece. So glad we all inspired you!

Jenny Marples said...

Great projects Sam. Jenny x

Susan said...

oh wow! awesome Sam love the card particularly

massofhair said...

Fast and Fabulous Sam, three lovely projects:-) x

chrissie said...

Fantastic ideas Sam as always and I love the dragonfly die cut.

Love Chrissie x

Marianne said...

Oh my; love these new cards!! Super!
xxx Marianne

Anonymous said...

I'd love some of whatever it is that makes you such a speedy crafter Sam. They're all fantastic.

Etsuko said...

Wonderful three projects! I love the beautiful dragonfly panel. xx

ionabunny said...

Wow, great makes. That black and white card is so striking

Jules said...

3 great piece's. I really like your storage holder.

Alison said...

Golly you have been busy! Love the black & white card!xxx

Blog Archive