Sunday 25 May 2014

Collaged Tag


I started off by painting a wooden tag using Liquitex heavy body paint in a range of colours, blue, green and yellow and also added green golden high flow paint, mixing it up until I liked the look of it. I added some stencilling with snowflake fresco.


I decided I wanted to collage all the images, so took lots of different stamps out and just randomly stamped on the background, but masked each image off along the way, again until I was happy with how it looked.


And finally added black posca pen to the white bits and white posca pen to the black bits!!

12 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh, Sam, I love this - not seen you work with green for a while! The masked stamping is absolutely superb, and so is the white/black highlighting.

Lin said...

Beautiful tag Sam!!The colours look amazing and the white kcks it off brilliantly!! Great idea with the stamping by the way xxx

jojo79 said...

Beautiful Sam, Love the way you have use the white & black pen, really makes it pop.

x

Hazel Agnew said...

Wow Sam, bet you really enjoyed that. So much detail. I love it! Xx

Alison said...

Gorgeous!!! xxx

craftimamma said...

That is brilliant Sam! Lovely shades of green, fab stencilling & collaging. Love it!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

chrissie said...

What an amazing idea Sam and you always do special things with white or black pens. Terrific tag

Love Chrissie x

Chris said...

Love your tag, Sam. Gorgeous colours and great use of the posca pens.

Chris xx

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing Sam, I love all the stamping & the white highlights.

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous paint layers and the white has such amazing impact - this is a favourite for me!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Wonderful Sam - you seem to know just when to stop. The white somehow brings it all together and makes is dance!
sandy xx

hazel said...

A fabulous tag, love the collaged stamping.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive