Monday 5 May 2014

Watercolour Wash Background - Day 1


Over on Twitter I got caught up in a watercolour challenge to make something every day while the class runs. I'm not in the class but my American twitter friends said they would let me know the theme and were happy for me to join in.

So day 1 was create a background using colour wash in any medium. I used watered down teal and orange acrylic paint and whilst wet, scrunched up some kitchen roll and dabbed it in the orange, when I moved across to the teal, some of the orange transferred to give the above effect.


I cut a slither off to a #8 tag size and stamped the T!m Holtz images in black archival ink. The script at the top is a PA mini.

9 comments:

Helen said...

It's really great, Sam! Love the background.

Evil Edna said...

that is lovley.EE

Julie Lee said...

Wow, Sam, you got a great effect on this tag. I love the colours and the stamping together. This challenge sounds like fun! Julie Ann xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great background Sam and I love the butterfly xx

Pinksparklegirl said...

great effect on the background, and my new favourite stamp, whats not to love?

Lin said...

oh this is nice Samm,,those colours look beautiful together don't they..and that stamp finishes it off nicely xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, pretty! Love the Mariposa stamp - must ink it up again...
Alison x

craftimamma said...

I'm missing out on so many Tim stamps I love. Need to rectify that because I love the stamping on here Sam. The background effect is great!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

hazel said...

A beautiful tag Sam, the background is lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive