Tuesday 2 September 2014

A Play with Tags


I'd been playing with brushos, bondaweb, bleach and straws to make different backgrounds. Here are a few I wanted to share.


The two on the right were created using the TH distress marker spritzer tool to blow the ink.


And this is what I did with them, stamped in bleach and black versa fine ink.


Purple and turquoise brusho on the tags.


Stamping with TH and Paper Bag Studio images, colour removed from the eye with bleach.


Love how the bleach showed on some of the purple splodges. Went backin with the bleach and removed the colour off the face and hands.


Another couple of background mop ups with the brusho.


The left is a tag I painted with silks last weekend, but I wanted to find out how they stamped on, and they are fabulous.  Other 2 are brusho and bleach backgrounds.


And again I went back in and took some colour from her eyes and legs.


And finally for this post, the background for the tags middle and left are created from the excess paint from the deli papers and simply stamped with LP & TH images. Tag on the right is some sort of bondaweb with a fabric texture as I painted brusho onto it and ironed it onto a tag. The ink looks dull as it soaked into the fabric.


This is the tag once it was ironed on.

And I'm sure you'll be pleased to know, that's it for today.

12 comments:

Art Journey said...

Ooo Sam! Lovely!!

Lin said...

They are great Sam you are really loving playing with bleach!! I think the silks are needed!!

Amanda said...

Fabulous brusho tags, love 'em!!
Love
Amanda x

Neet said...

No, not at all pleased your tags came to an end - enjoyed every minute of them.
Are your hands as dirty as mine? I was Brusho'ing at weekend and have been playing a bit today - fab stuff what?
But I love the Silks too, whether the paint or the powder I enjoy both - guess we both just like messing about with colour and techniques.
Hugs, Neet xx

Helen said...

well what a wonderful stack of tags!! love the way the TH spritzer blew the ink about, what great results.

Julie Lee said...

A great experimental post, Sam. I love playing around with bleach too,you've achieved some beautiful results with it and with the TH spritzer too. I'm loving all these tags. Julie Ann xxx

Deborah said...

A glorious selection of tags, Sam.

chrissie said...

By Heck! That's a lot of beautiful tags and all different ideas.Off to look for a straw to have a go.

Love Chrissie x

hazel said...

You have been busy - a fabulous collection of tags.
xxx Hazel.

Alison said...

Crikey! You've been busy Sam! These tags look great! xxx

Etsuko said...

Great sense!! xx

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! A terrific selection of tags.

Blog Archive