Monday 13 October 2014

Silks & Primary Elements


I've been creating backgrounds using my silks and primary elements mixed with PA satin glaze. I sponged carmen silks through a TH honeycomb stencil and once dry coloured the tag with ginger peach silks. I mixed up the chestnut brown primary elements with satin glaze and used cut n dry through a new stencil.


I painted one of the embossed dragonflies that Emma kindly cut and embossed for us and gave us at the weekend, so I thought I ought to use one!! It's painted with satin glaze mixed with true blue, royal orchid and moss agate and teal zircon silks for the body. 


I added some platinum distress stickles and some treasure gold to the dragonfly. Added some mini script and splats to the tag in red and brown stazon, some tissue tape, idea-o-logy gears etc.


And then I did another one using the ice silk as a resist through the honeycomb stencil and coloured with ginger peach silks which is very translucent. 


The dragonfly was coloured with a mix of deep coral and satin glaze PE, and the boysenberry and teal zircon silks. I used about 3 different colours of treasure gold on the embossed parts and spiced marmalade distress stickles. 


This is a close up of the ice silk acting as a resist, coloured over with the ginger peach and stencilled with chestnut brown and again some stamping.

Country View Crafts have a challenge theme of Sparkle and Shine and it's just a pity you can't see from the photos the lovely glimmer and shine that these products produce.

9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Oooh love these Sam! Two fabulous backgrounds and I couldn't choose a favourite as they are both stunning. That dragonfly die is superb but it's the butterfly one I'm really hankering after, that and the gorgeous new leaf one. Love what you're doing with the Silks and Primary Elements. The fibres look gorgeous too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Chris said...

These are beautiful, Sam. Gorgeous colours.

Chris xx

Lin said...

Gorgeous Sam I love the bright colours xxx

chrissie said...

These are stunning Sam

Love Chrissie x

Hazel Agnew said...

So much detail in the backgrounds. Something different too. x

Julie Lee said...

Loving what you're doing Sam! You are experimenting with some great materials and getting some fabulous results! xxx

hazel said...

Fabulous tags, I love the colours and the lovely dragonfly.
xxx Hazel.

Jenny Marples said...

Both of these have worked really well. Jenny x

Etsuko said...

Beautiful tags and great result!! I was very inspired xxx

Blog Archive