Sunday 12 April 2015

Secret Mission


Today I was on a secret mission to attend a journaling class, yes, I did say a journaling class, with the lovely Kate Crane at AftH. The reason for going was because Em and Lin and Chris were all going. Em made it as you can see here, but unfortnatley, Chris and Lin ended up waiting for a recovery vehicle on the service station about an hour away.


So the theme of page one was black and white and shades of whilst trying not to make it too muddy. We preped the pages added the white panel in the middle and outlined it in a black. Did some stamping in the paints and added some music paper to create a frame.


I chose to use the main image from The Presenters plate by Brett Weldele. We had to colour it using shading using pencils and the like. I've never been any good at colouring and shading, so I did mine with black soot and iced spruce distress ink markers and a water colour brush.


Quick blast with the heat gun before we moved on!!


I didn't take any steps in-between as I was covered in black, white and shades of grey paint - lol.


View from above. The afternoon page was to use a splash of colour. I chose purple and used the Dylusions paint in the tubs, it's lush. Thick, creamy, vibrant and very quick drying.


I wanted to use another image from Brett Weldele but unfortunately there was only the one I'd already used available in the workshop, so I left it empty and am going to finish it off another day when I find the right image.


Emma colouring in her image for the second page, just look at all those coloured pencils!!


Everyone chilling colouring their images and adding colour to their pages.


Emma's pages. She put them to one side for them to dry whilst finishing her colouring. She used the Dylusions teal paint for her splash of colour.


And whilst in the process, she managed to dunk her elbow in the black paint - mucky pup!!!

Had a fab day and really sorry that Chris and Lin had car troubles and couldn't join us - next time, fingers crossed xxx

***Edited***


Just lifted this of Kate's FB page, just to prove I was there you understand



20 comments:

Claire said...

Ooooh Sam you little sneak! Your journal pages look great - can't believe you've been resisting it all this time - I love the splash of purple you added to the pages, looks great! Claire x

Hazel Agnew said...

Looks like you had a great day! Love the way that you have gone your own way and taken from it what you wanted! Have looked at Kate's classes myself! Would have been funny if I had been there too! Xx

jojo79 said...

Great pages Sam, The paint looks good. x

Lin said...

wow Sam love your pages!! that stamp is fantastic...well for someone who didn't ever want to get in to the land of journaling you certainly have made a great start!! Xxx Love Emma's too you clever girls xx

Helen said...

What a shame that Chris and Lin couldn't make it.. but you and Emma had fun - I love both your pages. Think I may investigate those paints... even though I don't "need" them.. thanks Sam

craftimamma said...

Wow, looks like you both had a fab time. Love yours and Emma's pages. Those pops of colour are lovely. Poor Chris & Lin, bet they're so disappointed.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Fab pages Sam I hope you enjoyed your further adventure into journalling. Mind though you might get hooked lol. Looks like you both had a fun time. Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

So glad you and em had a fab day. I am really sorry about Chris and Lin especially as that was nearly me, my car is abandoned and I nearly didn't get to ally pally,

Lucy x

Deborah said...

Looks such fun, Sam. Am not jealous - much. Love your monochrome journal pages - don't forget to show us when you've added the last stamp!

Kirsten said...

Well done Sam, your pages are fantastic! I love the little spots of colour amidst the black & white. I'm glad you & Emma enjoyed the day, such a pity Chris & Lin missed it, they must have been so disappointed.

Sid said...

Looks like you had a fab day and love the B&W effect.

Neet said...

Fab pages - I love that idea of the B&W and that image is WOW! Pity you didn't get the plate.
I think I see some familiar faces there.
Hugs, Neet xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Loving your pages and pictures of Emma! Take care Zo xx

craftytrog said...

Great pages...looks like you both had a lovely time!

catherine said...

Hi Sam,
Wow what a surprise to come across your blog and realise you were at the same class as me yesterday!! I was the one by the door. It was a great class and you pages are fabulous. Great to have found your blog
x catherine

Corrie Herriman said...

Looks like you had fun ! Great page too !
Corrie x

Sue said...

Really nice pages Sam, glad you enjoyed your day xx

Jenny Marples said...

Superb journalling Sam. Looks like a great day. Jenny x

hazel said...

Fabulous pages Sam, looks like you all had a great time.
xxx Hazel.

Sandy said...

I really liked this post Sam - looks like you and Em had a wonderful time and really did some great lay outs!!
Sandy xx

Blog Archive