Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Wooden Box


At the weekend my mum, sister and nephew went to a country fair, my sister bought my mum some little pots of jam which came in this wooden box.


No your eyes are not deceiving you, I have painted it pink, well DecoArt innocence from the chalky range to be exact. When I put an order in, one of the colours was out of stock so they sent this one instead, yikes!! So I'm using it as a base coat!


There, normal service is resumed, next was a coat from the same range of paint but this colour is rustic.


I then moved outside as it was quite nice as the sun had come round to the patio area. One coat all over with weathered wood crackle glaze. Followed by a coat of serene from the same range.


Close up of the crackle which came out really well been as the wood on the box is quite rough.


I also crackled the top edges.


I added some stenciling using Andy Skinner Stencils and the relic chalky paint.



I dry brushed some of the relic onto the sides of the box too and topped it off with a tickle of black shimmer metallic lustre.


Close up of the stenciling, crackle and lustre.


On the other small end I used black modeling paste through an Americana Decor script stencil.

And finally I gave the box a coat of clear creme wax and buffed it up. It gave a really smooth finish.

All products used are from the DecoArt range.

7 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love, love your little box ! It's gorgeous !
Corrie x

chrissie said...

Great transformation Sam and good that you got your hands on the box as it is a wonderful find with the rope handle.

Love Chrissie xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this Sam, it looks great. I am always eyeing up other people's packaging when they are given things, mum was given a plant in a cute Hessian bag, I'm sure she won't want it!

Lucy x

hazel said...

I love what you've done to your box Sam - it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

craftytrog said...

Looks great! xxx

Deborah said...

I love your shabby chic box, Sam, especially with its hidden layer of the dreaded pink LOL

I just emailed you about a problem my anti virus prog is having with your blog but I realised it's only happening when I use my usual firefox. Now using the new Microsoft browser and it seems fine. Strange! Anyway, glad I can visit.

Unknown said...

What a fab little box! I did baulk at the pink, lol, but love the end result.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Blog Archive