Thursday 22 October 2015

Mini Chest


Today I've been playing with pieces of chipboard and coffee stirrers which I picked up at Donny Dome on Sunday!!


Firstly I painted everything in carbon DA chalky paint, then a dry brushing of dolphin DA multi surface satin to give some definition and finally a dry brushing of DA dazzling metallics black pearl to give some shimmer. I painted the gold plastic studs black and then silver from the DA media range.


Then I built up my pieces to make this chest. It measures approx 11cm x 6cm x 9cm. I added a couple of straps and the studs.


And this is it open. The white specs inside are where the glue is still wet, but it will be clear when completely dry.


I wanted it to be on a Halloween theme, so I've started adding skulls, skeletons and potion bottles, but none of it is stuck down as I am hoping to pick up some other stuff at the Glasgow craft show at the weekend.

All products are from the DecoArt range and I'm also entering into their Halloween competition.

11 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is a very clever mini make. It looks really good with all the little Halloween additions.xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely little project Sam !
Corrie x

chrissie said...

What a wonderful chest Sam. You have so much patience and great ideas

Love Chrissie xx

jojo79 said...

Great project Sam

Claire said...

How clever - it looks so good, would never know it had been made from coffee stirrers! It looks great and perfectly themed for this time of the year Xx

hazel said...

A fabulous chest Sam.
xxx Hazel.

craftytrog said...

Looks great Sam! Fab little chest! xxx

Sue said...

I love this Sam, a really fun piece! Have a great time in Glasgow. Sue xx

Kirsten said...

That is fantastic, I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a cool way to use the coffee stirrers - I love your spooky trunk and can't wait to see what else you fill it with.
Alison xx

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous creation! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it and how it will look after you have added the new things to it. Hope you had a lovely time for your birthday and the show Karen x

Blog Archive