Thursday 19 November 2015

Powertex ATC


I covered the random pieces of fabric in ivory powertex and positioned them on the mdf atc. I put the clay faces inside the piece of t-shirt material and built it up from there. Again I left it overnight to dry.


I painted all the elements with DecoArts dazzling metallics and media paints as a base coat.


Then once dry I went back in using more dazzling metallics and lightened it up by dry brushing. Using this technique means you can bring out more of the texture.


And although you can't really see on this photo but I used the DA metallic lustres in fab fuchsia and majestic purple again to bring out the texture.

Again, unfortunately, the photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks fab IRL.

All products except the powertex are from DecoArt.

6 comments:

craftytrog said...

Looks very cool in spite of the weather!

Helen said...

I think it's great, Sam - despite the rotten weather.

Sid said...

Great textures and love your metallic effect !

Neet said...

Loving your Powertex work Sam. xx

chrissie said...

Wonderful Sam and Love it in white as well even before your colouring

Love Chrissie xx

hazel said...

A brilliant ATC.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive