A while ago I decorated a ceramic plate and Lesley asked if she could have a matching mug, and although I do have a mug, I decided to make her one using a fancy pot because they are not safe to drink out of as they've not been thrown back in the kiln and glazed. So again, I painted the pot in deep scarlet from the DecoArt multi surface satin range.
So to add the splats, I turned it upside down, covered the bottom and literally threw the black carbon acrylic from the media range at it.
I also used a pallet knife to create some of the lines.
And finally I gave it a couple of coats of DecoArt satin varnish.
I think it looks a bit oriental, I hope she likes it and will use it for her pens and/or brushes.
Yesterday I did think this was finished, but after the shawl had dried properly I felt it needed toning down a tad, so I added oxynite and renaissance treasure gold, and this morning the sun was out so I took the opportunity to take some more photos which now show the true colours.
Love how the ruffles have formed and the pigment and treasure gold have really enhance them.
Close up of the ruffled fabric.
And from the left hand side.
And finally from the front. She is now sat on my window sill in the dining room.