Saturday 6 February 2016

Leandra Inspired Tags


Another of the techniques on the scopes Leandra demo'd was two corners and the middle with two colours. I first learnt this with Sue at Paper Paradise, but I think Sue got it from Leandra!! I gave this tag quit a few white washes to fade everything into the background.


I was going to use different colours but I still had loads left on my craft mat, so did the same again. After I'd stamped in the background I knocked it back with the white, but wanted it darker than the first tag so went back in with the colours.


After my first layer of paint I stamped an Ellen Vargo criss cross stamp in blue all over the tag. After about six layers you can still just about see the lines, top left half way down. I also did the stencil bumping on the right hand side.


I guestimated where abouts the face was going to go and added some off white, another of Leandras traits. This is a Paper Bag Studio image stamped in black stazon.

So for both tags I have used exactly the same colours yet they have turned out so different, due to all the different layers.

I think you can still watch the Periscopes as they are listed on 'katch.me'. Just search for PaperArtsy or click here.

Country View Crafts have a theme of making your own backgrounds.

8 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

This little girl in the hat is one of my fave stamps from when I used to make hats for my little grandee who lost all her hair during her chemo. you should see her now!
Lovely to hear from you and yes! I did visit the Powertex stand ... love seeing it but I'm no longer inspired to do it. Fabric has taken over! I still like to look incase I'm ever inspired to start another avenue of my creativity!
Jo x

chrissie said...

Great idea for the background and wonderful choice of stamps Sam

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

what a gorgeous stamp! Love the background, it's gorgeous.

Lin said...

Love love love these Sam..what stamp is the little girl? Can't wait for the summer more time in the shed!!

Sandy said...

Wonderful -- I never know what your abbreviations mean! Isn't that the sweetest little girl. I have no idea what these techniques are. Yes I do think the little girl tag is my favorite.
sandy xx

Kirsten said...

Fab tags, the backgrounds look great.

Words and Pictures said...

Some paint and some great stamps - who could ask for anything more?
Alison xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Sam, I love the colours and the fab choice of stamps. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great week. Sue xx

Blog Archive