Thursday 12 May 2016

Andy Skinner Style Frame #3


Had another play with some chipboard and a frame.


I switched this one around and did the modelling paste and stamping on the inner frame. I only took one photo as the process is exactly the same as it was in the previous frame posts, but I did use different colours and missed a couple of stages out.


Dry brushed and outside edges darkened.


Unfortunately you can't see it too well here, but I added interference blue and turquoise.


Hopefully you can make out the shimmer.


Onto the outer frame which was gesso'd and painted with three shades of green media paint.


Weathered wood and white crackle paint.


Lots of greens, blues and a purple painted over the top of crackle until I was happy with the colours.


After putting it all together, I decided the outer frame needed a little something else, so added some stamping in black stazon.


Rusty washers added to each of the corners.


The chipboard die cut heart was crackled, painted with antiquing cream and most of it removed to enhance the cracks.


Stamping on the crackle and the modelling paste.

All products used were from the DecoArt Media range.



7 comments:

craftimamma said...

Wonderful frames Sam! Fabulous different textures and colours and I love the subtle script stamping on the outer frame. The interference colours give such a wonderful shimmer.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Chris said...

Fabulous Sam. Love the colours and love the heart - more than the skull :) xx

Helen said...

Fabulous blues and greens - love, love, love!!

chrissie said...

Very beautiful Sam with wonderful ideas

Love Chrissie xx

hazel said...

Fabulous frame Sam, great textures and colours.
xxx Hazel.

Sandy said...

Well as you can probably tell - I am behind in my blog snooping again. It is so easy to get behind - Oh woe is me.
I love your frame - love it. The texture and colors are wonderful.
Sandy xx

Kirsten said...

So gorgeous!!

Blog Archive