Tuesday 26 July 2016

Mini Album


I was inspired by Kate Cranes recent TV appearance on Hochanda and decided to make a mini album / book. I set about decorating some pages.


And these are the other sides.  All the paints used are from the DecoArt media range along with gesso and tinting base.


This is the book stood up with all the pages added and the covers.


Now some of you might recognise the layout of this as when I googled mini book and adding signatures loads of threads appeared with Kates name and Wanderlust. I don't subscribe to Wanderlust, but it wasn't hard to work out the process.


I wanted to incorporate ALL my new to me Harajuka figures, so in order to make them stand off the page, I simply stamped them onto plain white paper. Not bad for a lefted handed stamping effort!


I had to wait a couple of days before I could cut the images out though as I couldn't get the scissor hole over my thumb properly.


I went round each one with a black pen.


I wanted to include some images from the Choc Baroque Gothic Fragment stamp plate that I recently ordered, but the order hasn't been processed yet and when I looked yesterday, they were out of stock.


So when they do arrive, I may go back in and stamp some of them, it depends what size they are.










And these are the covers. I used black gesso to cover them initially and then black modelling paste through the stencil. I had to do these left handed and pressed on that hard, I broke the pallet knife!


Once dry, I gave them two coats of media gloss varnish to make the words stand out.


I put ribbon between the cover and first and last pages and this is how it looks tied together.

All products are from the DecoArt media range.

PaperArtsy have a theme of colour mixing for their challenge this week and Country View Crafts have a theme of have fun with circles this month.

13 comments:

Helen said...

I think you work as well left handed as you do right! gorgeous book, it looks amazing.

Claire said...

Really lovely Sam - the colours look fab! Very Kate Crane lol! I can't believe you did it left handed, you'd never know Xx

Chris said...

They look fabulous Sam. Love all the coloured backgrounds
Chris xx

Amanda said...

Love your album great place for those Teesha Stamps
Love
Amanda x

Sandy said...

Bravo Sam - a real keepsake!!
sandy xx

chrissie said...

An amazing idea Sam with lots of wonderful work

Love Chrissie xx

rachel said...

absolutely brilliant - I love your book - the circles and colours are wonderful and those images work so well! Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck. Hugs rachel xx

suzieq23 said...

I love this little Kate Crane mini book and how you embellished each page. I just received Teesha's same stamp collection and would love to try and make one of these mini journals. Is there somewhere I can get a tutorial for it?
Thanks, Sue suzschultz23(at)aol(dot)com

Sid said...

Great book, so well decorated !

hazel said...

I love this Sam - it's amazing.
xxx Hazel.

Hazel Agnew said...

Fabulous creation Sam....still can't read what you have written but the pictures speak a thousand words.....great. Xx

Trish said...

Love your book Sam, amazing colours!

PaperArtsy said...

Love the bright colours you have used Sam. ~Leandra

Blog Archive