Monday 3 October 2016

Layered background



After getting Alison to painstaking talk me through each step of something she was demo-ing on the PaperArtsy stand on Saturday (only because there was no-one else around and she needed some company), I thought I'd best actually have a go and also it gave me an excuse to use my new stamps. I used Decoart satin paints.


Once the background was completed I needed a focal point and as I was looking for something else I came across these dragonfly dies that Emma kindly cut for me, so using the dazzling metallics I coloured one in and place it on the background.

Thanks Ali xx

PaperArtsy have a theme of dies cuts this time around, so I'd like to enter my piece.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I love the background, they are so addictive to make and you can keep adding and adding. Love the dragonfly.

chrissie said...

Stunning background Sam and the dragonfly is a great addition

Love Chrissie xx

craftimamma said...

Fabulous background Sam. Wish I'd been able to watch Alison demo this. Love the grungy colours and you worked the new stamps beautifully.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Etsuko said...

Wonderful background layers and so beautiful the dragonfly colour. xx

Blog Archive